The ELC is pleased to be able to support our surrounding communities with meeting their unique special education needs.
Our staff have been fully trained in offering comprehensive school evaluations and school based services.
The ELC offers support in the areas of:
- Special Education Administration
- Bilingual Evaluations
- Diagnostic Student Evaluations
- Complex Student Evaluations
- Early Childhood Arena Assessment
- Assistive Technology Evaluation/Support
- Audiology Evaluations/Support
- Deaf & Hard of Hearing Teachers
- Teachers of the Visually Impaired/Orientation & Mobility
- School Psychologist
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst Supports
- Vocational Education - Work Site
The ELC also offers professional development throughout the year. We are continually looking to host professional development opportunities through various local, state, and national resources. We also provide professional development to districts directly to meet their individual needs.
Previous professional development opportunities have included:
- Ben Glenn
- Gerry Brooks
- Jimmy Casas Consulting
- University of North Carolina TEACCH - 5 day certifications, 2 day workshops and coaching
- Rush Neuro-Behavioral Health - Executive Functioning
- Patrick Schwarz
- Brandon Wright
- Laura Sinars
- Cynthia Baasten
- Zones of Regulation with Leah Kruypers
- Toni Linder Arena Based Assessments
View our calendar for a current list of events. If you are interested in any of our upcoming professional development please contact Mary Bhardwaj.
If you have any questions on how we can help to support your district, please contact Mary Bhardwaj by email or by calling 224-513-6458.