The Exceptional Learners'Collaborative (ELC) is a special education cooperative and joint agreement between four school districts in Vernon Hills (Lake County), Illinois. We represent Kildeer Countryside School District #96, Lincolnshire – Prairie View School District #103, Adlai E. Stevenson High School District #125, and the non-voting member district, Fox Lake District #114. The ELC serves eight elementary schools, four junior high/middle schools, and one high school providing services to students with special needs, ages 3 through 22. Local communities served include Buffalo Grove, Kildeer, Long Grove, Lincolnshire, Riverwoods, Prairie View, Hawthorn Woods, Vernon Hills, Mundelein, Lake Zurich, Mettawa, Fox Lake, and Spring Grove.
The three original member districts agreed that it was time to unify special education programs and create this new collaborative. The 2015-2016 school year was when the ELC provided quality special education services to students and staff within the three-member districts. The 2021-2022 school year will be the seventh year of providing services led by Megan Clarke, Superintendent. Her dynamic District teams are very proud and excited to continue on this mission.
The Exceptional Learners Collaborative will ensure support for the entire continuum of services essential to providing exceptional services to our exceptional learners in Districts 96, 103, 125, and 114, including:
- Related service supports for students with low incidence exceptionalities including Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech and Language, Social Work, Vision Itinerant, Hearing Itinerant, Psychological Services, Audiology and Mobility Services
- Diagnostic Services including Psychoeducational Assessments
- Special Education services from Early Intervention through Transition
- Early childhood assessment and screenings including vision, audiological, psychological, gross, and fine motor, play skills, physical ability, pre-academic skills, sensory ability, social-emotional, problem-solving, and speech and language
- Assistive technology consultation
- Professional development, training, and resources
- Educational, curricular, and technology consultation and support